sound in IE window

apgill

OSNN Junior Addict
i don't know if someone's already asked this, but i searched the forums and couldn't find anything on it.

is there a way you can turn off the sound in one IE window only?

I'm guessing he's on some annoying site with background music.

I think the answer is no btw.

Maybe it's about default sounds in IE, like "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation"...
I always disable them when I re-install my system.
Just in case apgill doesn't know how to do this:

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sounds --> Windows Explorer
> select "Complete Navigation" and assign below: (None)
> select "Start Navigation" and assign below: (None)
> Apply then Ok

I hope this helps...

I can't find any info in turning off sound in only one IE window so I don't think it can be done apart from turning off the whole sound for IE as posted above :)

I'm not in Windows now, but you can disable sounds in the Internet Options > Advanced > Multimedia, the options there somewhere I believe. But this can't be done per window, its an all or nothing thing.

ever thought this could be spyware? run ad-aware se, & spybot search and destroy

opp opps reread that and i got it, umm if its a flash or somthing there should be a volume thing probably, but i dont get why u would have two windows or more with more than one having sound at the same time

well... seems like the original thread starter is not interested anymore... or maybe he's just far away from home, in some kind of a nomansland... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back