Sound Enhancement

M

ModestCargo

Lately I have been into listening to music on my computer. Can you tell me what programs are good for enhancing sound? I already use DFX for Winamp3. My sound card is a Sound Blaster Live! 1024 and my speakers are Altec Lansing (2.1). Don't really know the exact model of the speakers but they sound pretty damn good.

winamp is great to play music off of. i use almost as much as i use my keyboard. just keep your codec up to date, and your hardware drivers fresh, and you'll be in audio-heaven

btw: this should be in software

if you want your music to sound it's best, don't add any "enhancements" and play it like it's meant to be heard.

Thats like saying don't use the equaliser cause the studio has tweaked it to the right settings.

Yeah... the studio tweaked it for their you can hear a pin drop environment but our loud case fans deny us that =P

I love Full Bass & Treble eq setting on WinAmp 2.81 =)

get an audigy 2 souncard

24bit 96khz sound you cant get any more enhanced than that:cool:

Originally posted by mbunny
Yeah... the studio tweaked it for their you can hear a pin drop environment but our loud case fans deny us that =P
What load case fans? :p
THAT's why I always want my computer quiet. :)

I love Full Bass & Treble eq setting on WinAmp 2.81 =)
No offence, but Winamps eqalizer sucks major dung-pile and sounds like cr*p if you up the levels past the mid-line. If you want to use an equalizer, use another. It'll sound much better.

IMO! ;)

Originally posted by XP Abuser
get an audigy 2 souncard

24bit 96khz sound you cant get any more enhanced than that:cool:

shame most mp3's are 16-bit 44khz sound waves =P

24-bit 96khz sound... now thats marketting hype for ya.

but d00d can you feel the difference in games

mp3s are **** lossy crap i dont use them

XP Abuser, I'll think you'll find that a lot of newer games use "lossy crap" formats such mp3 or ogg vorbis. :)

;)

What he said.

UT2k3 uses ogg for the music

NOLF2 uses mp3's for the music

Originally posted by XP Abuser
help im getting raped of my pride:eek:

tehe don't you just love it when you make yourself look stupid? :D its always good to know I'm not the only one that does it :)

dammit i know what i mean is rite. why rape me again krux:(

Get Winamp 2.81 and Octimax, im serious, octimax makes ure mp3's sound so much better by doing real time mixing. all audiophiles try it right now as i was so amazed, i run an Audigy2 and im quite into sound.

TRY IT NOW! im serious

Octimax...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back