sound cards

C

cabmustang

i just purchased a gigabyte motherboard and it says it has 6 channel audio and i was wondering if the quality would be better through my motherboard or through my SB live! value. thanx for any help.

sound quality might be about even. onboard sound quality is pretty decent on recent boards anymore.

but if you're going to be gaming, i'd definitely stick with the live!. hardware acceleration will take the sound processing load off the cpu and eax support will give games cool audio effects.

Any card with Creative 5.1 or Audigy spec or better is going to out perform AC 97 on board sound, or similar.
Watch out however for any possible conflicts between Via mobo chipsets and 5.1 card.

i just purchased a gigabyte motherboard and it says it has 6 channel audio and i was wondering if the quality would be better through my motherboard or through my SB live! value. thanx for any help

SoundBlaster Live Audigy Plattinum Ex > SoundBlaster Audigy Plattinum > SoundBlaster Audigy Player >SoundBlaster 5.1 Live Digital > Sound Blaster Live value

Need Terratec sheet also ? tell me :eek:

lol @ you guys. always wanting people to buy new parts. :D

Originally posted by cabmustang
i was wondering if the quality would be better through my motherboard or through my SB live! value.

Originally posted by Cosmin
SoundBlaster Live Audigy Plattinum Ex > SoundBlaster Audigy Plattinum > SoundBlaster Audigy Player >SoundBlaster 5.1 Live Digital > Sound Blaster Live value

missed the live 1024 out before the live value :p

I have a gigabyte mobo and kept the sb live value as it's always been good for me - I've had bad experiences with onboard sound as I play a lot of games - Id definitely recommend keeping the sb live value

can anyone suggest a sound-card for around $50-$80 US?

are creative card's very good? i hear people talking about other cards with a not so popular name being better than creatives. is this true?

in most cases yes, the M-Audio Revolution and the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz are better cards.... but often hard to find. THe creative cards have alot of resource conflicts, and other little annopying bugs if not installed correctly.

i'll suggest the Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimio III... great card for $50 i think... supports up to 7.1 and has digi out...

but looking at that Terratec Aureon 5.1 fun it looks good, no price though. I like the digital input aspect of it... then i would be able to hook my PS2 to my comp for sound!! anyone get a price check on that?

then maybe i can sell my Fortissimo III card to someone... basically new

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back