Sound cards

Audigy (and Creative in general) have really crappy drivers. I would stay away from Creative until they fix this. The Hercules Game Theater XP 6.1 is a really good buy as far as I've heard and I'm thinking of buying one myself. There is also a 7.1 card, but it does not have the external rack.

Go for Audigy.. though i would suggest Audigy 2..

I am currently {
| |
intrigue_alvin83@hotmail.com
| |
alvinauboonhock
}

=========================

Intel P4 1.5 Ghz
Intel D850GB MOBO
256MB PC 800 RDRAM
20GB Maxtor HDD (5400 RPM)
40GB Maxtor HDD (7200 RPM)
52X Creative CDROM
8X4X32 Creative CDRW
16X ASUS DVD ROM
Iomega 100 MB USB Zip Drive
SYBA Ultra ATA IDE controller card
SB live 5.1 DE
Ageing Gainward 64MB GF2MX400 --> | Upgrading to GF4 Ti4 series |
Altec Lansing ACS 56
Dlink D538tx NIC

=========================

My friend has it... I think its really good... really good buy too!

do that, but the Audigy is supported by mostly everyone, and it runs on mostly all pro desktops. but you have to get around the price, i have the MP3+ and that was $100 when i bought it.

do that, but the Audigy is supported by mostly everyone, and it runs on mostly all pro desktops. but you have to get around the price, i have the MP3+ and that was $100 when i bought it.

Thats a good point,I doubt the hercules will be as well supported as the audigy,and getting round the price of the audigy is easy I can get a OEM version for £49.35 on www.overclockers.co.uk.

Thx $tUy_B for them links.
The reviews of the Hercules Game Theater XP 6.1 are very good I've not seen a bad one yet.

As usual no one posted any hard review facts, so I thought i should!.

Hope it helps m8.

Indeed it does help me alot m8,as I've decided to go for the Hercules Game Theater XP 6.1 now I've read some reviews.

Correct me if I'm wrong, do you need that breakout box to have the outputs for the Game Theatre XP 6.1??

Yes u do as the only connection on the card is the one that connects it to the box.

another great sound card to get would be the turtle beach santa cruz

awesome sound..

the audigy gamer/mp3+ can be bought at some repuatable places oem for around 50-60 dollars... good cards... I have no probs with them..

the santa cruz should run the same price and again my brother has this and has had no problems at all with it...

note that I have creative speakers... and with the creative audigy card they do come alive compared to my old rig :)

not used hercules gamer so I cant comment on it..

extigy btw... EXCELLENT... not worth the money but if you can get it on the cheap someplace... buy it... EXCELLENT..

I am speaking from personal experience with these products... those that I have used... and I am a hardcore gamer/multimedia person...

The audigy mp3+ is not available in the UK so I couldn't get it if I wanted it which I don't.

I don't like having to have that box connected all the time, I like the way Creative Labs did the sound blaster's add-on drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back