Sound Card pissing me off

LazyJames

OSNN Addict
OK i have an integrated piece of crap sound card, the only reason i have not got a better one is well i am building a new pc within the next couple of weeks, but my sound card at the moment keeps just cutting off the sound and i have to shut off my pc and wait a minute or two then turn it back on. It used to do this about once a week but now its getting more frequent. Any ideas, besides new soundcard?

it would help to know what kind of sound card it is and what kinda of system it's running on. However I agree, new drivers is always a good first option.

cant get new drivers because its integrated with my motherbaord, i have an ASUS mb and have not had any problems since i have had the pc, which has been about 2 years. So as you can imagine not the best in the world.

just give us the sound card name and the model number of the motherboard, just because it's intergrated doesn't mean u can't update the drivers for it in all cases, some times it's possible. :confused:

All hardware has updated drivers....if its on the mainboard just means you most likely have to goto asus to get the drivers instead of the manufacturer of the sound card....although if its a standard sound chip you can probably grab the drivers from various locations including the chip manufacturer (cmedia, etc)

Peace

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back