lunaticmaster

I just reformatted my computer, and got everything set up, except the sound
card. Whenever I try to install it, it locks up. and then it locks on boot,
unless I go into safe mode and remove the drivers. I cannot figure out what
is going on!!!

the soundcard is a ALS4000 and it seems to be locking up on ALS4000.SYS

It worked before I formatted, but I can't get it to work now. Any help would
be appreciated.

try removing any and all drivers and software intended for the card. restart. let windows install it's own default drivers or if it asks you to insert a driver cd, just hit cancel.

download the drivers from realtek's site. should work.

I have the newest drivers from the site, but it still locks. I thought it might be a conflict, and I thought that I had the problem fixed, but then it crashed....

i had a similar problem with xp and the audigy updated drivers as xp dosnt have any drivers for the audigy id install the drivers from the audigy cd fine but the updated drivers from the site would without fail lock the system failure to load some dll

you could try moving it to another slot...? my audigy didn't like one slot... so i moved it to another and it works fine now.

well it works fine as long as i dont update the drivers otherwise it does just like what he said his card does locks the drivers causing a bsod

majin... you probably had to go into safe mode to remove your old audigy drivers... then boot normally and install the updated drivers. works for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back