Sound Card Advice, pretty please

Smelly-Finger

OSNN Junior Addict
I need some advice from the Hardware Gods

After Upgrading my Mobo etc I've been having real probs with my soundcard.

I have a SB Live 5.1 Plat it keeps BSODing and I was wondering if there is an alternative out there. I really want to have a "live drive" type thing.

(I've tried the VIA PCI Latency Patch, the VIA SB Patch, the alternative drivers (Thanks BonyTony) messed about with pci slots, manually set IRQs. So I think I've tried as much as possible. If I haven't just say so)

I don't want ANY creative products as thier XP support is crap
I've had the following creative products and only ever had bother with them

TNT2 Ultra (had to use nvidia from day 1)
PC DVD DXR3 (had to use realmagic hollywood plus drivers)
SB AWE 64 (wasn't bad but drivers where buggy)

So I don't want to give them anymore money so that rules out the audigy platium

Any thoughts

MSI KT4V-L (KT400) mobo
AMD 2000+
512MB PC333
GeForce 2 mx400
realtek 10/100 5 port PCI hub
DXr3 DVD Card

i have never had any truble with the aduigy but if creative is out then the hurcles is a good alternative or sandstorm, thoes are the only ones that i know of off the top of my head

Hmmm sandstorm never heard of them but hey I'm so desperate I'm thinking of using my Vortex 2 card :)

Turtle Beach Soundcards are very, very nice :)

Livedrive alternative

Sorry dude, all the sound cards other people mentioned here are good as far as i know (especially turtle beach) but i don't think any of them have something that will replace your livedrive.

Ziptrx U Da Man !!!!

Cheers for that thats exactly the sort of thing I was looking for I wasn't even aware they made sound products the DMX 6fire24/96 looks like to job for me. Just DL'd the manual to make sure it's the sort of thing I'm after.

Hmmm now the hard part to see if I can get a cheap supplier

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back