Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Platinum

Mathachew

Wise Beyond Youth
I've got a slight dilema that's been around for a few years, but I figured I'll get off my lazy butt and do something about it:

I bought a SB Live 5.1 card about 4 or 5 years ago when I built my PIII machine. A few years later, I purchased the Platinum extension from a person who no longer needed it. Along with this came the remote and a burnt CD with software from Creative's website, but not the original software.

Unfortunately, the software on Creative's site only has an upgrade for the Remote Center and pretty much won't help me out by getting me the full install so that I can use the remote.

Does anyone here happen to have the original SB Live 5.1 Platinum software? :D

http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-Creative_Audigy_SoundBlaster_Live_Driver_CD-4034.html

Hopefully this is what you're after. I have no idea why Creative hides its software from the public; I downloaded and installed this myself after much pain--at first the stuff refuses to install, but I figured out how to do it (don't ask me how...I don't remember :D).

I ended up just getting angry with the poor performance (and unnecessarily low volume output) and using the KX drivers, which are fully functional with the LiveDrive, along with adding total control of pretty much everything you can think of in your card. I can't vouch for whether or not the remote works, however. I haven't been able to find the thing since 2003.

iyawetnag8odbadsfgasmetlw34ketj

In other words: OMGOSH! IT WORKED! THANKS!
There were several folders, one being Audio. Under that folder was each feature that worked on the Platinum package, one being the remote. I ran the install in that folder and viola! w00t!!

Unwonted, muchos gracias senior!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back