Sound Blaster CT4830, no sound?

K

kmz28

Ok, I'm pretty new to XP....about 2 DAYS! I took a chance to see if my Gateway would take it, and so far it seems to be ok. The only thing is, I figure out why I don't have any sound. I think I've checked everywhere possible to make sure that nothing was muted or conflicted and everything seems to be ok. I did the hardware test and everything seems like it would be working fine, just no sound! It's really just acting like the speakers aren't plugged in or something! (of course I checked that already). As a matter of fact, I haven't unplugged anything since I installed XP 2 days ago. No mic either. Here's what I got:
Gateway Performance 600
P3 600
TNT2 32 MB
20 GB Deskstar
Sound Blaster (Live/Value?) CT 4830
512 RAM
I know it's going to something dumb, so just humor me. I was so caught up in customizing XP that I just didn't realize that it wasn't making any noise!
If anyone is interested, that's about the only problem that I had after installing it, other than my network card needs new drivers. If anyone wants to take a shot at that, it would be greatly appreciated also!
ASOUND NIC w/8139 on it.....Thanks, Keith

make sure u got the lastest drivers for that card, do not use the drivers from the windows update site, use the Creative Labs drivers

you can get it here

Got the drivers...

Good lookin out Iceman. I downloaded the drivers at work (sshh)...Two 10MB files in about 3 or 4 mins each (I hate my 56k at home!) After I burn them to a CD, when I get home I'll give them a shot and see what happens. I appreciate your help on that one!!!

KMZ28

Hey Iceman whatz up. Sorry I took so long with the reply....I couldn't figure out how to get my burner to see the CD with the drivers on it!! First I had Adaptec on it, and it didn't work. I was doing everything...drivers, updates you name it. Then I realized that Nero came with my burner, so I got all the Adaptec stuff off, threw Nero back on.....wouldn't you know, it worked...Got it to read the CD-RW I had the drivers on, loaded them up....now I can't XP to be quiet....Thanks again for pointing me to those updates....I guess burners are meant to use the software they came with....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back