sound blaster audigy gamer problems

monmusion

OSNN Addict
I just got a sound blaster audigy gamer over the weekend and I am having a lot of problems with it. I have an Abit KA7-100 motherboard and if my highpoint raid controller is enabled the computer will not boot into Windows XP, just hangs. I have tried a lot of things, but to no avail. Also, even when i disable the highpoint controller and get into Windows XP, there is a buzzing sound from my speakers. I would appriciate any help i could get.

have you tried switching the slot that the audigy is in...definitely sounds like a IRQ problem

make sure if you have an onboard sound device that its disabled.also pull the card out .boot the computer.go to device manager.delete any devices with a question mark next to them.shut down.install the card and try again.-good luck

Dont have onboard sound, and there is nothing in device manager with a question mark. Is there anyone who has the audigy and highpoint controllers working out there?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back