Sophos 5.x

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Any feedback on this? We have to wait for our source to the net to upgrade before we can push it out across the enterprise, but from what I have seen it looks a lot slicker... moving away from that nasty Windows95 kinda interface, now looks more like a kind of MMC snap in.

Cheers to Mick for getting the screenie :D - Kinda reminds me of Giant/MS anti-spyware.

http://www.sophos.com/products/es/endpoint-server/sav-windows.html

Now Symantec need to catch up, again.

Attachments

• sophos1.JPG
    sophos1.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 147
  • sophos2.JPG
    sophos2.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 114
  • sophos3.JPG
    sophos3.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 120
  • sophos4.JPG
    sophos4.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 115
Alright. I've been trying to figure this out. Do you need an EM Library key to auto-update?

Melon

[Only on my home PC]

Definately looks slicker - more XP look and feel and defiantely seems to do a full system scan quicker on my home PC.

You are meant to be able to set it to automatically download updates from the Sophos server but I can't get it to work. I can't seem to get it to recognise the latest ide files either.

Using NAV at home, but could well switch when I learn a little more about it, still not deployed here at work.

When this come out?
We have enterprise but we aint got it yet.
We have the new management console as well.
I use it at home and get updates from my work via there remote update tool EP :D

I have just started using this at home. Very slick as you guys say. For you who are having trouble updating you do need the EM user/pass. Not rolled it out at work yet though

Just as well Freakzilla, check this out:
(the following services are part of Sophos 5.0.2
SavService.exe, ManagementAgentNT.exe, AutoUpdateAgentNT.exe, RouterNT.exe, SAVAdminService.exe, ALsvc.exe, ALMon.exe and all appear in services.msc)

Is the memory footprint quite stupid or is just me?

Attachments

• Processes.jpg
    Processes.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Services.jpg
    Services.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 115
The footprint is stupid.

I dont know why you bother using anyhing other than Kaspersky or NOD32 :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back