Sony's E3 Press Conference

ElementalDragon said:
the only reason Blu-Ray players are that high in price right now is because they're not mainstream. once more videos and stuff start coming out for Blu-Ray players, and the units start hitting the retail market hard, the price will more than likely drop pretty quick.

Yeah, and if the the PS3 will sell well, it play a part in bringing the price down. Sony would like that since it won't lose as much money per unit sold then.

There's a difference this time around though. There was no real competitor to DVD. To Blu-ray, there is obviously HD-DVD. I have a feeling the battle between the 360 and the PS3 will be determined in a large part by whatever format takes off.

North America $500 changes to £270
Eurpoe 500 Euro changes to £340

Whats up with that!!!!

Still though that price is alot less than i expected...so i will definately get one.

Well i think you'll find that blu-ray will not take off. its a more expensive medium that HD-DVD and in the end it all comes down to the big bucks.

If and when do you reckon the price will come down by £100 as it always does :D

about a year or two, but it also depends on how well it is selling.

peh,, i cant wait that long. looks like im going to pay full price. ill get 60 gig version coz of wireless and the memory stick and the resolution thing.

btw what is the hard drive for??

downloading content, probably preloading some of the game on the hard drive so it loads quicker, saves etc...

if they were smart they'd be like other companies we know *cough*nintendo*cough* and figure out how to get next to nil loading time without a hard drive. granted hard drives make it nice since then you don't NEED memory cards and all that...... it's just something else they have to charge a bit extra for.

Gotta absolutely love judging a game and a console based on pre-rendered graphics :cool:

Sazar: it's been done for ages. was done with the Xbox, GC, and PS2, being done with the 360, PS3, and..... well...... not so much the Revolution (hate calling it Wii) since there aren't really any videos of any games on it out yet (only thing i remember seeing are the magazine scans of the game Red Steel which looks pretty neat).

The current xbox360 games are generally being displayed with IN-GAME graphics.

The ps3 is being spooged on based on pre-rendered graphics.

Yes, it's been done for ages but read the comments in this thread.

well..... there's the E3 video of Call of Duty 3 for 360, Revo, and PS (not sure if it's 2 or 3), which basically looks like the CoD2 trailer that they had before CoD2's release...... all pre-rendered, just shinier and longer.

well **** on sony, greedy bastards, there is no need for the basic console to cost $500, thats just bull****.

I'm gonna only get a 360 and the revolution. (which is such a cool name, why change it to Wii).

I'd bet $100 with anyone that this time around the ps3 will not be in the lead, MS, has done it all right, the console is at the right price, the role out has on the whole been done correctly, the lvl of games is good. And the biggest joke, is that the PS3 doesn't even offer anything more than the 360. but it costs a damn site more.

I like MS, i like the vision and the daring of bill gates, and above all the respect i feel MS actually has for gamers, by keeping their system price right.

Sony does not respect gamers, look at SOE for gods sake, its all about the bottom dollar for them, and i pity the fools that fall into their trap.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back