• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

sony viao

C

Capalass

I have a problem I have a sony viao sitting on my desk the motherboard is fried the ram and cpu are still good but I need to know if I can just replace the motherboard and keep the case powersupply and everything else because the optical drives will only work in this case anyone have any thoughts on this? I think its a micro atx board and just want to know if sony switches the power supply pins. they want 300 for a new motherboard.

Taurus

hardware monkey
well, you could post a pin-out of the main motherboard power connector.. that is, make a diagram and list what colors each wire is. then we could tell you if it's normal or not.

also, make sure the mounting holes on your motherboard/case are in the same locations as other mATX mobos.

if you have a digital camera, you could take some snapshots of the inside and that would help us out.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Originally posted by Capalass
...because the optical drives will only work in this case...
You can thank Sony for that with their proprietary technology. You should be fine in replacing the mobo, but have you taken a look around Sony's support to see if they have any information that might come in handy? Like taurus said, the important thing is to be certain that the mounting holes are positioned the same. Overall though I don't see you having much problem as long as you get the right form factor and whatnot. Be careful when you get in there! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbieherrin