• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

sony viao monitor resolution problem

C

calculator_kid

hey, sorry to bug everyine but i just got a viao pcg-fx39op yesterday and everytime i change the resolution lower than 1028x768 th screen isnt stretched to fit the monitor, the video adapter is an intel 82815, thanks for your time

M

max

hey your not bugging anyone - thats what these forums are for :)

The reason why this is happening is you have to manually adjust the monitor settings to "Stretch" it.

There should be some buttons on the monitor ?

Just look in the actual monitor Handbook it will show you how.

If this is a laptop, 1028x768 is the highest it'll go. I have a pcg-fxa36 and i got bummed when it couldn't go any higher...anyway, you'll be more bummed when u realize the vid card (integraded BAH!) doesn't support direct3d or openGL...is this a laptop?

C

calculator_kid

yes it is a laptop, but i can run max payne and castle woldensten with max graphics at 640x480 with ease, but if i put it on low and run it a 1028x768 then it runs so slow, but its the only way i can run it full screen, my bos gave this to me so i will get teh manual tommorow

L

loppdawg69

You rmost likely out of luck i have the same problem with my Thinkpad t20. It has to do with the scaling technology of the LCD monitors. They do not stretch out correctly so instead of having a stretched out ugly screen most companies disable stretching it out. My thinkpad will be full screen at 1024x768 but at 800x600 and 640x480 it will just make a smaller and smaller box. Some laptops have the option to stretch because of the vid card they use....mine uses an ATI card that unluckily does not support this function as i am afraid yours might not either. If im wrong correct me..i hope for your sake i am =(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi