Sony Vaio PCV-RX540

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
ok, i have a question. been a while since i actually asked one, but here goes. i have the computer listed above, and i jus bought an Asus 52x24x52 CD-RW drive from a local computer show. i come home, and notice that there are stupid little panels built into the case where the button is to eject the drive, but it does not look like that panel can be removed without physically damaging the case (i.e. cutting it out). Does anyone possibly have a sony vaio and found a way to remove this stupid panel?:huh:

Then you're screwed. Unless you can remove the planels, or get the drive to conform somehow, you're screwed.

A lot of brandname companies do this, Sony, Dell, etc

I say post a pic of the computer and Ill tell you lol

well, since i had nothing else to do (and since santa was nice and got me a new Sony Mavica digi camera), i posted a pic of it. did it while computer was still on to save time:D

well, i already e-mailed sony, still no reply.
about the hammer, that may do a bit more removal than i want. was thinkin of a little saw, like a drywall saw or something, but my mom don't like the idea. I hate Sony so much. well, at least their computers anyway

I have one.What you do is to have a look from the inside and those panels are actually 'injection moulded' but what I did to mine was just to cut off the side with a tiny hacksaw blade.But be very care if you are taking the front panel off because you could easily break the tab attaching the plastic front panel and the iron part.Once it is hacksawed., sand it a bit and you can fix in the new drive.Good luck but ask your mum first !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back