Sony Vaio Laptop

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
I have an oldesh laptop (see above), and the hard drive failed, i went to take the old hard drive out the other day, put the thing back together and now it wont even turn on, even with the old hard drive in. It used to turn on before, but just to the boot screen for obvious reasons.

Anyone have any idea why it wont even turn on anymore. I must have done something when i opened it up, but i don't have too muc experience with laptops. As far as i can tell its all the same as before i took the hard drive out.

Thanks

can someone help me on this,

you lazy bastards haha :laugh:

or at the very least give me an uninformate diatribe

Take it to bits some more, play around see if it works - what do you have to lose?

What mubbers said. But make sure all the connector are on and that no ribbon cables from the MB to the the parts broke.

And just like with a desktop. Try to boot it with it open. Then you can at least jiggle wires.

And do a CMOS reset too.

It should boot with no HD.

Now the diatribe. Did you fall off that motorbike and crack your head already. You never take a laptop apart. It's like trying to get all the toothpaste back into the tube. (jk)

I think you should see if another hardrive will boot the thing

i don't have another h/d, i was taking this one out as i was gonna buy a new one, but i'm not gonna do that now, if it wont even start.

funny lee, but no doubt i will hehe :0

did you make sure to take the battery out and unplug it from all cords (including any phone cords and network cables) before starting to work on it? Are you sure you put the connector back on the drive the right way and that you put the drive in right side up? (I've put one in upside down and the connector on the wrong pins so I had to ask)

yeap i connected all the connections right, in fact you can only put them all on one way, it was totally disconnected when i opened it up as well. BUT i didn't take the battery out when i opened it up, could this be an issue. It was not on or anything, but could i have shortened something out?

lancer said:
yeap i connected all the connections right, in fact you can only put them all on one way, it was totally disconnected when i opened it up as well. BUT i didn't take the battery out when i opened it up, could this be an issue. It was not on or anything, but could i have shortened something out?

Whenever you open up a laptop, you need to take out the battery and disconnect it from all cables cuz eventhough something isn't on it is possible it can still give off a slight charge (especially if that item is still charged/plugged into an outlet) that can damage something in your laptop (this info taken from my one laptop manual).

So the laptop possibly could have been toasted by the battery. About the only way to know for sure would be to take it to a repair shop and have them take a look at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back