Sony Cybershot cam

mooo

thecyberninja
So I have a cybershot cam (i never used it before) and i got a memory stick pro card. I put it into the cam and it says Memory card error. I downloaded sony's memory stick formatter and it gives an error of

"There is a problem with the disk management area of the "Memory Stick PRO". It cannot be formatted with this application. We recommend that you format it with the format function on your "Memory Stick" compatible device.

well, from that i put it into the cam and try to format it with the cam, and it just gives the memory stick error. Any Idea on what I can do with this piece of poo?

Sounds like a bad memory stick. Try to return or exchange it, or cut your losses and move on :eek:

Try it in a card reader (if you have one, or know someone with one). If that fails, try and return it/get a replacement.

Also, are you sure that your camera is compatible with the type of Memory Stick you purchased? (Some of the older Sony camera's aren't compatible with the Pro/Pro Duo Sticks.)

i am using card reader on laptop :) and I am thinking that too, gonna return it guess and say hell with that camera it was a freebe anyway :p

its kinda evil but you could allways buy the same card. stick the bad one in the box ane get a refund.

well they said i could return it if it didn't work :p i might take the cam to the place and have them test first :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back