SonicStage problem

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
Ok..i got a new sony mp3 player last week. Today i open sonic stage and import some more songs from my documents. But with quite a few of them i get a message when i try to play them in my library, even with old songs that used to play in sonic stage. The message says, 'There is invalid rights manegment information in the OpenMG content.'

I have looked on google and it said something about the music not being my own. But most of the messages come when i try and play music from cds i have purchased and ripped onto the computer. It's wierd because some of the songs that don't work now, used to work.

Any help would be apprecieted,
Bobs

I believe that older version of Sonicstage automatically put copy protection and only allowed you to "download" the songs a certain number of times to your device (at the time I believe it would have been Net MD players). The new version doesn't put copy protection on (thankfully).

Sorry though I can't think of a way round it.

So its been downloaded onto my player too many times? But its my cds that i have purchased.

Also, when i downloaded a song from Tesco.com.....i put it into sonic stage, but it wont let me transfer to my mp3 player. Why?

Was a daft idea by Sony. I believe that you had to transfer the track back from the player into Sonicstage before being able to transfer it again. :s Thank god they got rid of it, but the copy protection still remains on the files. The best way is to rip the cd's again which is a pain but at least they'll work.

I would guess the song bought from Tesco's is a copy protected WMA file which aren't supported by Sony mp3 players.

I believe that older version of Sonicstage automatically put copy protection and only allowed you to "download" the songs a certain number of times to your device (at the time I believe it would have been Net MD players). The new version doesn't put copy protection on (thankfully).

Sorry though I can't think of a way round it.

There's a reset option :) however, i can't remember where this 'option' is located. sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back