SonicStage problem

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
Ok..i got a new sony mp3 player last week. Today i open sonic stage and import some more songs from my documents. But with quite a few of them i get a message when i try to play them in my library, even with old songs that used to play in sonic stage. The message says, 'There is invalid rights manegment information in the OpenMG content.'

I have looked on google and it said something about the music not being my own. But most of the messages come when i try and play music from cds i have purchased and ripped onto the computer. It's wierd because some of the songs that don't work now, used to work.

Any help would be apprecieted,
Bobs

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
I believe that older version of Sonicstage automatically put copy protection and only allowed you to "download" the songs a certain number of times to your device (at the time I believe it would have been Net MD players). The new version doesn't put copy protection on (thankfully).

Sorry though I can't think of a way round it.

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
So its been downloaded onto my player too many times? But its my cds that i have purchased.

Also, when i downloaded a song from Tesco.com.....i put it into sonic stage, but it wont let me transfer to my mp3 player. Why?

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
Was a daft idea by Sony. I believe that you had to transfer the track back from the player into Sonicstage before being able to transfer it again. :s Thank god they got rid of it, but the copy protection still remains on the files. The best way is to rip the cd's again which is a pain but at least they'll work.

I would guess the song bought from Tesco's is a copy protected WMA file which aren't supported by Sony mp3 players.

ming

OSNN Advanced
I believe that older version of Sonicstage automatically put copy protection and only allowed you to "download" the songs a certain number of times to your device (at the time I believe it would have been Net MD players). The new version doesn't put copy protection on (thankfully).

Sorry though I can't think of a way round it.
There's a reset option :) however, i can't remember where this 'option' is located. sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosacantu