Someone please help!!

• Thread starter NightPrincess
  • Start date
N

NightPrincess

I'm having major problems and I hope someone can help. Everytime I try to dial-up, my modem connects and then my PC crashes. I've checked in event viewer and got these errors and warnings several times :
The COM+ Event System failed to fire the startshell method on subscription {A5978620-5B3F-F1D1-8ED2-00FA0035B753}{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} The subscriber returned HRESULT 80004001.

IPSec Services. IPSec Services failed to initialize RPC authentication service is unknown. IPSec Services could not be started.

This is happening on a clean install.

Have a look at whats running in your services, it may help
if you set some of these services to Automatic .

You might also want to check and see if there are updated drivers for your modem.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I've tried everything you said and it's still doing the same thing. :rolleyes: I have a SupraMax 56k PCI fax modem, V.90-V.92 ready, SUP is 2751 and I cant seem to find the drivers on the net for it. I have the CD-ROM that came with it, but I cant get the drivers to install. If anyone knows where I can find the driver, please leave me know :)

hey

if your using the new v. 92, you might wanna make sure your isp is too, i could be wrong but i think if you using it and they havent upgraded there system it could cause problems......give em a call
and see what they say.;)

well I've tried the drivers and now I'm getting an error message
:( 0x000000BE and it has to do with HCF_MSFT.SYS which I'm assuming is the driver file :(

hmm

you did install the windows 2000 drivers and not the 9x,me right?
i didnt see any xp drivers but the win 2000 should work..

another thing to try

for now go in services and put everything in there to automatic, i mean everything. those errors haave somthing to do with that.
if you still get these issues with all the services on automatic its not that. if it fixes it then ull have to trial and error till you find the service, it needs..then you can disable the ones you dont need. pain in the but, huh,lol my buddy had some issues like that
and when he turned on the webclient his worked. apparently, dialup and dsl need this as they need a dns client to logon to the net.

well I've tried that and it's still doing the same thing :( I'm pretty frustrated and I imagine I'll be stuck in windows 98 forever :(

thanks again for the help :)

no, ull fix it hehe.

try moving the modem to another pci slot, and leave the slot right below the agp slot free. also put the xp cd in and do a repair install, it might help. this will also set the services back to default, that might help too. also could you please post all your system specs? for your machine this will help me give you some more options. dont give up yet, xp is worth it.hehe.;)

the funny thing is, I did have XP on my machine for a couple months and then the crashes started :(

PIII 500
Abit BE6 Motherboard
512 MB Ram
GeForce 3 Ti200
Creative 12X DVD w/ Dxr3 decoder card
Yamaha 16X 10X 40X CDRW
2 20GB Maxtor 5400 HDs (currently only running 1 at a time)
Sound Blaster live!
Microsoft Optical Mouse
Microsoft Internet Pro Keyboard
Logitech Quick Cam Express
HP Deskjet 720c
ah and my lovely modem ;)
Diamond SupraMax 56K PCI Fax Modem

Have you tried any of the NT drivers at that link eGoalter gave you?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back