Someone in my neighborhood

X-Istence

Political Access
Someone in my neighborhood has set up some sort of fake AP service, and it tossing out all kinds of weird AP names.

I have attached a screenshot, with just some of the names.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    39 KB · Views: 149
Re: Someone in my nieghborhood

thats a bit odd, whats something like MacStumbler or KisMac say about them?

did they forget to rename their NETGEAR SSID, or they just smart to rename a different brand to that? lol :p

thats a bit odd, whats something like MacStumbler or KisMac say about them?

They are fake, i keep seeing the same name, but with a different Mac address, so MacStumbler and KisMac think it is just another AP, however after a while KisMac says there are about 6000.

did they forget to rename their NETGEAR SSID, or they just smart to rename a different brand to that? lol :p

They did not rename it, however it is full secured, in that, they changed the routers password, the rest is an open network to abuse.

Wardriving anyone? ;)

I figured out it was a tool named fakeap.pl that created all the Fake AP's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back