Somehow I "locked" my desktop items into place

DJ-phYre

To whom it may concern
I need to move them, and it won't let me. The only way to move them is with "Arrange Icons"

I have looked everywhere, I thought it was an option in TweakUI.

I know I am just overlooking the option, but does anyone know where it is? I am very frustrated! :mad:

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
This is probably stating the obvious, but I just wanted to make sure that Auto Arrange is turned off, and even Align to Grid if you want complete freedom.

DJ-phYre

To whom it may concern
muzikool said:
This is probably stating the obvious, but I just wanted to make sure that Auto Arrange is turned off, and even Align to Grid if you want complete freedom.
I unchecked it all, but still can't move them... it is beginning to really annoy me. I think I have checked something in a tweak program somewhere, I just can't find it anywhere!

DJ-phYre

To whom it may concern
I just discoverd, I can't drag and drop anything from explorer, start menu, or anywhere else. I don't know what the hell is going on

plex

OSNN Junior Addict
VIRUS.ALERT..VIRUS.ALERT..VIRUS.ALERT..VIRUS.ALERT
MALFUNTION MALFUNTION MALFUNTION
MALFUNTION
MALFUNTIONMALFUNTIONMALFUNTIONMALFUNTIONMALFUNTION
MalFUnTIon Ma#*F)#_+on
_/\_/\_/\_____/\_______/\___________/\_____________ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Format, reinstall.

cpugeniusmv

Computer Genius
plex said:
Format, reinstall.
over an icon problem?!?!? what a terrible solution. you don't learn anything by doing that.

now...

do you have any other user accounts you can login to to see if they behave similarly?

Gary Pandher

OSNN Senior Addict
active desktop...
i think thas what did it for me once..turned on n it locked all the desktop icons..
off n they all free again

Beginning

I'm Beginning Somehow...
Yup.. I think ^you^ got a point there.... I personaly use tweakui and disable all that active desktop just after a fresh install... :)

DJ-phYre

To whom it may concern
It was active desktop, although I must have overlooked that, because I knew there was a "Lock Desktop Items" - DOH!

Thanks!

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
DJ-phYre said:
It was active desktop, although I must have overlooked that, because I knew there was a "Lock Desktop Items" - DOH!

Thanks!
Hope you added to Gary's reputation points too... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hargadetocline