Somebody...anybody...help with conversion of Mac to XP Icons

C

cscally

Please could somebody advise me. I have downloaded the gargoyles icons from Xicons and I tried to follow their instructions on how to convert from Mac format to Windows (I do not have Photoshop or I would just follow mavis' instructions) Well, after 2 hours time I am still staring at a folder and am no closer to an icon than when I started. I noticed in their instructions to convert from Mac to XP, the options to check off in Stuffit Expander are different than the ones that Mavis said to choose. Has anyone succeeded in doing this yet without Photoshop and if you have could you please help me. I have also tried putting the icons into the Iconworkshop window and changing them but no luck there either. I am not giving up as there are so many Mac icons that I'd love to try. Please help this feeble minded one!! :rolleyes: :( Thanks all! cscallywags

I also noticed that Mavis gives other settings advice for Stuffit than Axialis in their tutorial about converting Mac-icons. Since I tried it for the first time only a few days ago I did not have the time to test each setting. Anyway my first attempts ended up in a bunch of files without suffix. However when I added the suffix .rsc to every file that should be an icon, they were recognized by Icon-Workshop. I'll keep playing around with it.

Hi.... you might wanna check out my tutorial on how to convert Mac icons to XP format. My site's address is in my sig.

I DID IT!!!! Converted Mac icons into Windows!!

I finally converted mac icons into Windows icons. Quite a challenge but well worth it. I actually e-mailed a stranger and he gave me instructions using Stuffit and Iconworkshop(shareware). My main problem was working with Stuffit as I am used to working with Winzip. I am loving all these new icons!! :D Thankyou Mark!! ;) :D :D :D

lol, I have the same technique in my tutorial :p

Hi, I did go to your site and I tried to follow your instructions but I had a lot of trouble following your instructions. With the other instructions I used I didn't have to rename the files or copy anything. Thanks anyway though. :) cscally

hmmm, what parts confused you? I'd like to make the intstructions better :)

I just thought of something. Do you have the shareware version? Mark, who gave me the instructions, told me to use the shareware version as it is much easier than trying to convert with the Personal version. He said the corporate version is also pretty easy. That is probably why your instructions don't seem right to me. Also, to use stuffit, I do not have to rename file. I just drag the sit.hqx file to the drag and drop box and it will then unstuff for me. I am very curious, what version of Icon workshop are you using. Please let me know so I can then tell you how our directions vary as I found this whole process to be very hard until I got the new instructions. I am also gonna need new instructions once my trial period has ended. Let me know what version you have. Thanks for your time. :) cscally

Yea, I did the tutorial using the shareware version.. but I might be getting the Personal or Corporate version.. hmm I never thought of that.. I would think the intructions would be the same for each program.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back