Some Files, With Viruses

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
i have just recovered from a major hacking attack which left my computer full of viruses luckily i and a friend was able to remove most of them but there was some left. i did not remove the file incase it was valuble and thought id post here 1st to see what was what.

File: C:\WINNT\system32\inst.exe
Infected With: BKDR_DELODER.A
File CANNOT Be Cleaned

File: C:\WINNT\system32\Dvldr32.exe
Infected With: WORM_DELODER.A
File Cannot Be Cleaned.

i would just like to know if these files are safe 2 delete if not could any1 tell me where 2 download or attach the files needed. i am on windows 2000.

thanx

Neither of these files is a Win2k system file. Dvldr32.exe is actually the virus itself. Should be safe to delete.

Dvldr32.exe

This is a worm infestation:

Obtain a proper virus protection utility and it will all go away or visit the Symantic site and get your machine scanned online.

:) :(

Formating is the best option if something like that happened. cant be too safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back