Some Dent Icons

G

GrooMan

Some Dento Icons I made for drives and My Computer, hope you like it...
I used some icons already made, and some I made myself, so I give the credit of some of them to who made the normal icons so I could tranform in dent, but I don't remenber who :p .

icons.jpg

You can download them here: Icons.zip

okay
i need biggggggg help
i dload the icons
the come as .ico
how do i use em???
like...put em with the rite thing
the hd icon with the hd text in my computer
u knw wat i meannn
how do i change the icon to one of those..???

whatttttttttt.........whoaaaaaaa........
umm.....
is there like.....basic steps?
i want the icons u got o_87
like u have ur desktop
tha looks niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How to change My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, and Recycle Bin:

1.) Right - Click on your desktop, and click 'Properties'.
2.) Click on the 'Desktop' tab.
3.) Click 'Custimize Desktop'
4.) Once you do that, you should see My Computer, My Documents, etc.
5.) Select one of them, and click on change icon.
6.) Browse to the icon you want, and click ok. This way you can change the icons for My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, and Recycle Bin.

How to change Shortcut Icons:

1.) Right - click on the shortcuts whose icon you want to change and click 'Properties'.
2.) Under the 'Shortcut' tab, click on 'Change Icon'.
3.) Browse to the icon you want. Click ok.

That's basically how I customized my desktop.

and if you want your icons big like mine, do the following:

How To Make Your Icons Bigger
Start Menu->Run->"regedit"(to open registry)->HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Control Panel\ Desktop\ Windowmetrics. Look for the Shell Icon Size Key. It will be set to match your current icon size. Right click on the key and Modify. Change the Value Data to X(X is the size you want. I recommend 72). Hit OK. Exit regedit, log out of WinXP, log back in. Your icons should be HUGE in any resolution smaller than 1280x1024.

However, the change to bigger icons is universal, meaning that ALL icons on your machine will be bigger.. including start menu... so i suggest that you have 72x72 or 96x96...

The Skin Im Using

Im using the skin called 500RS, but you need WindowsBlinds to use it. You can get the skin,here

The Wallpaper I'm Using

YOu can get the wallpaper I'm using, here

Hope this helps clear things up a bit, desimatrix

:)

o_87...lil more..hehe

k
the icons at ur site
i dloaded them
and used winzip to unzip them...
what next?????

Two things:

1st is when I try to use those dent icons, when I change desktop color in appearance/advanced/desktop the outside of the icon becomes the color I change it to. Now when I place the icon on a black portion of my desktop, its ok, but when its in the white/gray part like in your background image, it becomes blurred and looks like crap, just doesnt really blend in, like it does in yours. Any ideas?

2nd, would you mind making a quake3 dent icon, thats about the only one I need left.

Thx again, capt'n

Edit : This is aimed at o_87, even though this post isnt his :O

And, LOL to desimatrix

looks nice , one single question : what program have u used ?

are those questions directed towards me, or GrooMan? :confused:

Ok, fixed my 1st question, I had desktop items locked, in desktop/customize desktop/web, very odd indeed.

save them any where on your hard drive, like in a folder called 'Icons' on your harddrive.. then follow me reply

k
i created folder called icons in my documents
now exactly what do i click on to save the like 100's of .ico files there???

o_87 gone?..
could someone else help?......iz my first time hackin the reg files n stuff for the desktop and icons and all...tryin to make bgrounds like all u have:p

No, I'm not gone.. ;)

desimatrix007, you dont 'install' icons. All you need to do is copy the icons into your 'icons' folder and then follow the steps in my reply.

Hope this makes things clear.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back