software installation and different identities. PLEASE HELP!!!

N

nigel1210

I have two different identities set up for me and a friend when i install something in one id it will appear in both id's eg word, excel. But some progrmas will only appear in the programs menu of the id i installed it in. Is there any way to get the program menu to be exactly the same? So that all programs installed appear on both id's?

Any ideas?

Cheers

E

existenz

Go to C:\Documents and Settings. (where C is your hard drive letter)...

Get ready for some copying and pasting...

Copy the stuff in your C:\Documents and Settings\(User name)\Start Menu\Programs

You could paste that into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

OR

into you're friend's folder. Hope it helps...

A

AZJ

I had the same problem with a few programs. It installed under my user name but not my daughters. Just remember where you downloaded the file to, go on your friend ID and install there also. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut