Socket 939 Mobo Decision...

Dan04

OSNN Addict
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of getting the Asus A8V Deluxe socket 939 Motherboard for Athlon 64. Is this a good motherboard? if not what would anyone reccommend thanks!!!

onimkron

OSNN Senior Addict
I was thinking of going for that too, but i'm torn between the Asus and MSI's upcoming Neo 2 Platinum. I don't plan on using the additional wifi, so it'll just bump up the costs....but then again, some early reviews for the MSI board aren't too hot :confused:

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I would suggest waiting for the rev 2's of the current k8t800pro boards or going with the MSI nf3-250 board

for the others... yes sckt 939 is dual channel... only 2 types of processors @ the moment.. newcastle based a64's or fx processors...

Dan04

OSNN Addict
what was the trouble with its AGP/PCI lock?? alot of review sites state this, what does it mean exactly and is their any faults with the asus a8v deluxe motherboard?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
the nf3-250's and the k8t800pro chipsets are supposed to have locked agp/pci slots..

some of the board makers apparently have issues regarding this and have implemented floating locks which are a little looser than actual locks...

afaik the agp/pci locks do work with the asus board... on another site i frequent someone is using one in conjunction with his fx-53 and it works well... his only problem was incorrect temp read-out but a future bios release fixed that for him...

reason I suggested rev 2 (or whatever their revision convention is) was to allow for any tweaks to fix problems to be made...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mopiyaloog