Socket 939 + AGP? Whats out there ?

Dennis T

OSNN Junior Addict
Thinking of a further upgade, having recently got hold of an 6800 GT AGP card, am not really keen to get the PE-I version !!!

Any recomendations a good over clockable Socket 939 for an AMD 3500+ 64 bit.... but must have AGP not Pc Express !!!!

asus K8V-DE Good board that is stable with everyhing have thrown at it. and it has AGP. and one thing that was said here. Nforce4 sencond Gen will not go agp they will move to a true SLI with 16x on each slot. other than that i dont know of many that are good.

SLI is crap. home users don't need SLI.
Oh, MSI Neo4 Ultra. sweeeet!
But I still prefer Gigabyte K8NXP-9 for the time being.

That's why I say, go with the Neo2. Since it has AGP. It's a proven board. And by the votes already, it's a top board.

I'll answer that after 3 months the first OSNN members get them. Nothing like reading the field beta's before making a commitment. ;)

LeeJend said:
I'll answer that after 3 months the first OSNN members get them. Nothing like reading the field beta's before making a commitment. ;)

At this rate I might be the first to get the nf4 then.. lol. that'll be like summer 2006 if I can wait that long.

The new NF4 MSI K8N is a great board. I haven't used it but I have a friend of a friend's brother's, sisters, boyfriends, dads, cousin who has one and he loves it.

No but seriously, I have a friend who is bragging to me about it. Since I have the Neo2 and I love mine, he wanted to one up me. Too bad he has a crappy video card (X300SE). I can still brag about power overall. :)

Fifthed on the Neo 2 Platinum paired with athlon 64 3500+ Winchester

What is everyone's infactuation with MSI? Yeah, there's a lot worse out there but they're not the best bang for your buck. And anyhow, what's wrong with the Asus A8V Deluxe or A8V-E Deluxe? They both have what this person is looking for.

ming said:
wait for 2nd generation nf4 boards.

Love too, but my understanding is they will NOT support AGP Graphics...

Or am I missing something ???

The challenge is I do not want to upgrade my 6800 Card which is only a couple of monthe old... If i wait too long, there will be no AMD 63 bit AGP boards out there !!!

Currently running Chaintech Nforce2 board..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back