so ... wtf happened to microsoft office and where's the right place to post this?

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political Access
so ... wtf happened to microsoft office (big interface changes)

I fired up my spiffy new Dell Computer (XP) last night and tried to launch MSWord.

WTF? Home page? Where's my File > New for pete's sakes?

And it doesn't come with licenses? I have to pay for office again? (Clearly I haven't had time to read the accompanying literature.)

Blow that ... I'm installing the office for xp I bought (and used very happily) for the last 5 years.

And here I thought I'd finally be able to master Excel.

:(

Last edited:
If it's a new computer, then it probably came with a 30-day trial of Office 07. I assume.

If you are talking about Office 2007 then are you sure you are using 2007. I have found that the whole ribbon setup is amazing. There are 100's of more features (or at least more usable) and everything is easier to find on that top bar.

Keep using it, maybe you just need to take time to get used to it.

office 2007, is actually really good once you get over the learning curve again.

Yep, I was a little confuddled with the ribbons initially but it's leaps and bounds better than before and it increases productivity exponentially as you learn more :D

Thanks fitz (reps) ... and the rest of you with responses as well.

Yes, it's 2007.

I have to buy it? :( ... That's kinda demotivating when I feel like learning it is an additional cost. Is there a decent tutorial? I couldn't even find the HELP button!

Yes, it's 2007.

I have to buy it? :( ... That's kinda demotivating when I feel like learning it is an additional cost. Is there a decent tutorial? I couldn't even find the HELP button!

I don't know what you are looking at but the HELP menu is right in the open almost where it used to be. And if you just play around with it you will find it's much easier and faster to get things done.

Yes, it's 2007.

I would buy a little book for Office 2007 honestly.

There are many out there, something by a good publisher will REALLY help.

Online tutorials are great but a book, you don't have to do anything and they are easier to read/do step-by-step. I purchased an advanced guide and have gone through some of the basic features.

The ability of Office to work with live data imports from the internet using templates is pretty awesome (in Excel and Access) and the ability to manipulate the data and settings of multiple things at once, in real-time, really nice :)

Office 2003 was nice and Open Office is not bad for generic stuff but nothing comes close to Office 2007.

I can get the enterprise version for the price of shipping :D

;)

-edit-

Fitz, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my post :)

I get a discount through my employer and Microsoft allowing me to purchase Office 2007 Enterprise for free + cost of shipping. There is nothing questionable about this and actually pertains to a VALID and LEGAL user license.

kthxbye.

Last edited:
I just used my old laptop with normal old Word. I need to create documents to share with other people right now not fart around with something new and creative, tho I do respect the moving forward with enhanced features concept.

And better than an .edu email, I have a student CARD, and live right down the street from Creation Engine, where I can walk in and get actual media. I think it's better, anyway. At least I know I'm supporting local peoples' employment.

I sound like such a stogey old fogey, yes I know it. (Maybe my boobs are too tight?) But I'm annoyed at the demo crap and like Marge (my hero), I'm going to just remove it.

Maybe I'm just grumpy after hours of installing software on my new machine and digging up old keys and so on.

Folding ... the easy-for-me-to-understand client version is scheduled for tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
*thread has been cleaned up a little

I just used my old laptop with normal old Word.

I sound like such a stogey old fogey, yes I know it. (Maybe my boobs are too tight?) But I'm annoyed at the demo crap and like Marge (my hero), I'm going to just remove it.
:smoker::laugh:

My new laptop came with Word and that's all I'm using to do all my college work and assignments :D

OH!

I found the license key for the software.

After I uninstalled it and upgraded to my comfy version.

Still they did send me the discs so I can venture at my leisure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back