So them new X2900's :)

zapoqx

Striking Master
I went on ATI's website and found newegg as the first link to check for the video cards. I think alot of people were OFF on the prices from when I last remembered someone talking about them.

HD2900XT by Diamond, HIS, Saphire and PowerColor - $429.99. I mean CRAP! I can get it sooner than I thought!

Sorry to burst your bubble but the x2900 is only par with the 8800 at this point and consumes 100w more power, not to mention the size of it. Just seems silly to me to pay the same price for less.

The 2900 XT is at best on par with the 8800 GTS and as Zeke mentioned it uses about 100watts more power and runs hotter. ATi really screwed up.

So far, the preliminary dx10 benches (admittedly for one thing or the other only, not a cumumlative test) show the r6xx core to be about 5 times faster, give or take a few magnitudes.

Don't judge the performance solely on dx9 (which is more than fast enough) but also by dx10 (where the extra shaders seem to be doing an pretty decent job).

Besides, there are some ace features, such as the dvi/hdmi thingamejigger which is quite excellent. This is a PACKAGE and if I can get my hands on one of these buggers for about $350 or so (once a folding client is out) I'll be all over it :D

I would love to see what the 65nm HD 2600XT is going to do. These don't have an extra power connector and are running on a smaller die size. I'm going to put off a purchase of a new card until after that card is out and benched.

So far, the preliminary dx10 benches (admittedly for one thing or the other only, not a cumumlative test) show the r6xx core to be about 5 times faster, give or take a few magnitudes.

Don't judge the performance solely on dx9 (which is more than fast enough) but also by dx10 (where the extra shaders seem to be doing an pretty decent job).

Besides, there are some ace features, such as the dvi/hdmi thingamejigger which is quite excellent. This is a PACKAGE and if I can get my hands on one of these buggers for about $350 or so (once a folding client is out) I'll be all over it :D

Yay now I can play halo 2 with 5x performance!!! :crosseyed:

:p

Well I just got off the phone while I was reading some of these posts. So your right Zeke that they would be on par with the 8800GTS... BUT...
A: Don't fully know all benchmarks with DX10 (grantit, we don't really have any useful games to even fully test that)
B: I think its power may rely more on the DX10 than the DX9.

And besides, for someone like me, 1280x1024 is all I can handle at most right now. So anything on or above a 7600 is really good for me. I just think the card would be nice. But now that I really think about it... my setup... I don't know if it will work yet with my setup.

Well I just got off the phone while I was reading some of these posts. So your right Zeke that they would be on par with the 8800GTS... BUT...
A: Don't fully know all benchmarks with DX10 (grantit, we don't really have any useful games to even fully test that)
B: I think its power may rely more on the DX10 than the DX9.

And besides, for someone like me, 1280x1024 is all I can handle at most right now. So anything on or above a 7600 is really good for me. I just think the card would be nice. But now that I really think about it... my setup... I don't know if it will work yet with my setup.

I would then at least wait til June when the Ati 2600xt should come out and might be a little more wallet friendly and might put up some good perfomance numbers in the old 7600 price range.

Wasn't the 2900XT supposed to be the 2800XTX???????

Where are the benchies ? 10 times faster ? holy cow I gotta see this !

no...any naming of the r600 was a rumor until they a month or so ago said it would be the 2900. they skipped the 8 this time around.

Actually when checked at load it consumes a mere 50W more than the 8800GTX and had more features. Not to mention that the X1K series took a large jump with two driver releases boosting my score over 1000 points in 3D05 as well as gaining 20FPS in HALO and about 10 in GTA:SA.

24X anisitropic filtering? As displays get bigger we need more as the effects are minimalised.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=30179

X-Fire X1900XTX still kicks the **** out of the 8800GTX in DX9

Last edited:
  • Not fastest GPU in the world as speculated by many
  • Fan can be noisy
  • High power consumption
Looks good for the price but it is not the new king of the hill ...

Now maybe it is because we need to see it in DX10 ... so where are the benchies for DX10 where it is 10 x faster ?

And no the X1900XTX does not kick the **** out of the GTX in a load of those games and tests listed the GTX is ahead ...

• And no the X1900XTX does not kick the **** out of the GTX in a load of those games and tests listed the GTX is ahead ...

• Not to mention that the g8x is dx10.

But, the r5xx cards DO kick the g8x's at folding :cool:

Is it fast enough to run Vista?

I buy Video cards for games not folding:laugh:

And DX10 hardware is made for DX10 software

But when they are in DX9 they are on = ground

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back