so the owner of bonds ball has a poll

The record is tainted because of the accusations. MLB is holding back because of how much damage such accusations have already done; e.g. Jason Giambi (admitted to usage and still playing; Bonds admitted, albeit unknowingly, and is still playing). MLB is in defense mode and unlike every major international sport/competition that isn’t afraid to be frank and strip titles (e.g. Landis).

Bonds hasn't admitted anything. There is a difference :)

And Landis is still champion, unfortunately. There is arbitration and other proceedings that have to be followed. There is a difference in the organizing committee saying they no longer recognize someone as the champion and formally stripping them of the title.

Granted, it's a sport and there will always be the competitive edge; there always has been.

Hank Aaron will always have the record, for more reasons than one. He put up his numbers during a pitcher's era and in larger ballparks. And how old was he when he hit his last homerun? Huh? Yeah.

Hank Aaron should have been more gracious in seeing his record challenged. Playing buddy buddy with Selig and being a sour puss tainted his persona in my eyes. Regardless of what Bonds may or may not have done, Bonds was and is a great player. Bonds body of work is far greater than what Aaron achieved, BEFORE he supposedly juiced up.

Aaron was tremendous at a time when issues were still racially charged and he will always remain one of the home run and rbi greats because of that and because of his achievements.

Personally, for me, no one beats the Babe because of what he did, what shape he did it in and the many years he "lost" by being a dominant pitcher :)

Bonds has too admitted it, but claimed he didn't know. Give it up! You don't even like baseball.

Last edited:

He can still appeal it. Plus no one and I mean no one invites the kind of scrutiny that Landis got. He didn't hide from it, hell invited it. Which makes you wonder about the whole process. If you were doping would you invite every test and check known to see if you really are doping? I think not. But hey, if he did he was tested and failed the testing.

Bonds on the other hand has been tested and randomly and has never failed any testing done to him. Public opinion will always destroy anyone. And it doesn't matter if that person is innocent because after all the bad press and rumor mill crap they will always have that shiit hanging over them. Oh, so let's say the person is vindicated and has been proven to not have done anything at all that is/was wrong. So what public opinion has already tarnished that persons reputation and everything. Oh well they said that... blah blah blah... and these other say that... blah blah blah. Any proof? Who cares the rumor mill has already poisoned public opinion.

You remember Roger Maris? And that's only because the public and the press/sportswriters didn't like him. Imagine if there had been doping back then. They would have smeared him with that. And yes, I do know Baseball.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing that what Bonds has done isn't great. It takes a lot of talent to do what he has done. But, because of public opinion he and his records will always be tainted. Steroids don't give you a good eye in the batters' box.

bottom line anyone's head that grows to the size of a melon should have an "*"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back