So I've been out-manuevered...

GunBlade008

OSNN Junior Addict
I put a password protection on the family computer in an effort to help my brother's failing grades, since he doesn't use the computer for any other use than WOW. One day, my dad said he needed to use the computer to do homework, so I typed in the password and let him have his time on the computer. In that time however, he made his own account, and somehow deleted my password-protected one :suprised: How did he do that?! And, how should I take proper precautions to prevent something like this from happening again?

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Kick him off the computer.
OR, the best way to do it is to make him his own account.
And make it limited, he will still be able to change his password though, even if he doesnt know it.
I would recommend blocking WoW.
Un-install it, then make it so he cant install programs (Limited accounts cant)

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
On XP pro you can do this through group policy so this is for if this is XP Home edition.

Create an account for him or if he already has one then go to the next step.

start > run > control userpasswords2

Highlight his account > properties > group membership tab > select restricted user for his account.

Attachments

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Warning: There are still tools he can get on CD to remove all passwords and take over again. It depends on how smart he is or if he has any talented friends to help him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks