so how safe exactly are automatic bios updaters.

so how safe exactly are automatic bios updaters. abits flashmenu to be specific.

i have serveral problems that would be fixed with an update but is it still risky.

and i backed my bios up and its a .bin file.. but it dint make a .cue so i dont know how to burn it short of using winiso to convert.

maybe im going in the complete wrong direction..

ideas guys? and girls?

As far as auto bios updates go I've done around 3 with MSI. No problems at all. Downloads & installs itself, reboot, done.

I've done two with my DFI board. No problems at all. I dont even have to restart :) It flashes them w/o rebooting.

Sray,

I've always owned Abit boards and never had a problem with their bios updates. Just follow their instructions and you'll be fine.

You just need to make a startup disk and put the awdflash.exe file on it as well as the .bin file and anything else it extracts when you download it. Also, use their recommended command flags (IE /xx /xx) and you'll be fine.

hehe i have no floppy so if something goes wrong i guess bootable cd?

I use Asus; I swear they have the worst software developers in the entire motherboarding world. Seriously, I've never had any of their software work *just right* usually I end up having to reset the CMOS with jumpers. Its all in good fun though, some motherboards have dual bios, so when their customers screw it all up trying to update, the system can swap over to the backup bios from which the second can be restored. :)

I have updated my bios for 3 separate msi boards through their auto-updater... total of I believe 7 updates for the 3 boards and have not had 1 problem thus far...

its pretty safe as long as you don't have an itchy trigger finger...

i have an ABIT mobo i have use the flashmenu and it works just fine and havent backup the bios what i'm trying to say that it is pretty reliable

chaos945 said:
I use Asus; I swear they have the worst software developers in the entire motherboarding world. Seriously, I've never had any of their software work *just right* usually I end up having to reset the CMOS with jumpers. Its all in good fun though, some motherboards have dual bios, so when their customers screw it all up trying to update, the system can swap over to the backup bios from which the second can be restored. :)

I have a Asus board and I have never had a problem updating my bios with ASUSUpate, worked everytime.

yeah. the only time you would probably HAVE to worry about BIOS update software is.... like in a thunderstorm or something where there's a chance of your power going out and shutting your computer off. other than that, i've never had a problem with mine.

Shrek said:
I have a Asus board and I have never had a problem updating my bios with ASUSUpate, worked everytime.

Same here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back