So freakin Anoyying!!!!

Kuja

OSNN Addict
Anyways, i was downloading something a while back, and it was a zip file. and i accidentally pressed the box, do you want me to ask next time? (aka, open from current directory, or save to disk).... anyways, it wasnt that bad for a while, but now its really starting to get on my nerves. any way to restart back that bloody little checkbox? thx for your help.

hmm last time I did that I just started a download and when it did the open I had the checkbox there that I could un-check to set it back..but maybe i'm hallucinating

I have a similar situation . . .

The first time I stuck a CompactFlash card into the reader up pops a dialog that asks me if I want to use the Camera and Scanner Wizard to import my photos with. It also had a box to check if you wanted to use this every time and after I used it the first time I knew I'd made a mistake.

Wonder how to turn the dernd thing off? I can't seem to find anything that covers this in the help files or M$ site.

Kuja,
The check box you refer to is not available for files with certain extensions such as .exe (click on More Info tab at the downlowd prompt to read more). However, it is available for .zip and other files.

Ohmeye,
Open My Computer and right click on your Flash Card Reader and select Properties\Auto Play. You can then choose a variety of options for various file types ie Music, Video, etc. Hope this helps. :D

ur a smooth opr8tr

got me right in there to do what I had to do

sure do upre-c8 ur help!

yes, i do know the checkbox is not available for certain file types. but, i when i was downloading a zip, i accidentally clicked the box, and now it doesnt ask me to save or open the zip, it just opens it automatically... :S....

go to folder option, click file types tab find zip files, then click advanced (if there is no advance click restore first) then click "confirm open after download" - this should work, I juest tried it

my xp-erience

I wanted to get back to a download prompt as well (instead of auto opening the zip file) and went into the advanced menu under the zip file to find "confirm open after download" checked already. By UNchecking it, applying and closing all windows, then go back to that file type advanced menu and CHECK the box it worked. Seems odd that the check wasnt working originally. I think winrar might have caused that to happen. Just thought i'd share. Thanks for the help Khayman.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back