So, did I get a deal, or what?

I just purchased an ATi Radeon 8500DV for my old PIII rig. This is not a gaming rig, and is used mostly for downloads. The DV on the card will come in handy because it's in my room. I got the card for $40. The non DV 8500 costs $60, did I strike a deal, or what?!

LeeJend said:
Sounds like a deal to me. I think the 8500's are still running in the $70+ range.

I've only seen MX440's down at $40.

Here's the benchmarks for everything in the last couple of generations:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

The 8500 is still hanging in there with playable scores on many games.
I hope you don't think this is my main rig, I've got a P4 with a 9700pro for a main rig. I just think that this is a great upgrade from a Geforce2 Ti.

Also, this is an 8500DV, meaning it's an AIW. I hope that sheds some light on the subject.

Friend of Bill

What, me worry?
Black-Syth said:
I just purchased an ATi Radeon 8500DV for my old PIII rig. This is not a gaming rig, and is used mostly for downloads. The DV on the card will come in handy because it's in my room. I got the card for $40. The non DV 8500 costs $60, did I strike a deal, or what?!
Ehh, it's good enough for downloading.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ricegoadi