So Cal Computer Shops

dubstar

format c:
i was thinking about this, and i personally like to buy things at the store, i was wondering if anybody had any So Cal computer store hot spots they like to go.

Im planning on going to FRYS Electronics tomorrow, and am wondering if i should stop anywhere else...

let me know guys, thanks.

Well, I personally like CompUSA over Fry's simply because it's much easier to return items. I hate the 3rd degree that you get at Fry's.

That being said, Fry's certainly has the best selection but the second to worst sales people. Best Buy has the worst. Don't get the "white tagged" items at Fry's, because those have been returned to stock after being sold and brought back by someone.

CompUSA runs the best sales of anyone. I regularly manage to get my CDR's for free after rebates. As far as price goes, that's not a problem since all stores will price match another store, as long as you have a valid ad.

Best Buy will sometimes have a good deal, but they don't have a very good selection of several items. They don't sell mother boards anymore, and their upgrades selection is limited. They like to sell just the main components (monitors, scanners, printers, etc.)

So, as far as hot spots go, it all depends what it is you want to do. I pick and choose my stores by the type of application I want to do and availability of product.

In order of preference for me, it's:

1. CompUSA
2. Fry's
3. Best Buy

Have fun.

there was a store here where I live called blue whale, awesome store has everything u could want for a pc from HSF to cases. but they went under... or just closed I'm not sure something happen to them I just remember hearing that they closed one weekend and I didn't get to go there and buy anything 1/2 price!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Frys is cool, as long as you know what you want, and where it is in the store cause the people that work there are dumb a$$es and DON'T buy any Mother Boards or CPUs cause they always break down... I bought 2 different MB and CPUs there and they stoped working after a week so I just went to PC Club and so far so good...

Good Luck

Originally posted by daddyo
Well, I personally like CompUSA over Fry's simply because it's much easier to return items. I hate the 3rd degree that you get at Fry's.

That being said, Fry's certainly has the best selection but the second to worst sales people. Best Buy has the worst. Don't get the "white tagged" items at Fry's, because those have been returned to stock after being sold and brought back by someone.

CompUSA runs the best sales of anyone. I regularly manage to get my CDR's for free after rebates. As far as price goes, that's not a problem since all stores will price match another store, as long as you have a valid ad.

Best Buy will sometimes have a good deal, but they don't have a very good selection of several items. They don't sell mother boards anymore, and their upgrades selection is limited. They like to sell just the main components (monitors, scanners, printers, etc.)

So, as far as hot spots go, it all depends what it is you want to do. I pick and choose my stores by the type of application I want to do and availability of product.

In order of preference for me, it's:

1. CompUSA
2. Fry's
3. Best Buy

Have fun.

do they match prices from internet sellers??? (eg: newegg)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back