so bonds is gonna be a yankee next year

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
he's not gonna be a giant, this is a fact and there's speculation that he's a yankee next year

so, those of you that support him and claim everything he's done to break his records is fine...will you still support him if he's a yankee?

those of you that don't support him but are yankee fans, will you now all of a sudden excuse what he's done to break his records?

those of you that are yankee haters but a bonds fan, how about you, if bonds is a yankee, do you still support what he did to break baseball records?

This is my opinion on Bonds, He cheated and never got caught, unless hard evidence is found he will always be "*"

If the Yankees sign him, it is nothing more than a [SIZE=-1]Steinbrenner stunt to buy publicity ands focus with the all mighty dollar. The NY Yankees Circus continues......[/SIZE]

I believe he will go to the AL and serve as a DH. I don't think he will be a Yankee. I think he'll stay west and play for the A's, Angels, or Rangers.

Well guys, whoever picks him up, will get all of his baggage, cheating history, but Perris you missed one group, the one who don't care about the yankees, and don't feel that Bonds (Bighead) will ever get the fans that the Hammer (Aaron) had following him for years, he just a shadow champion to myself and always will be, until someone beaks the record again. Myself Aaron will be the only home run champion I will ever know.

Well guys, whoever picks him up, will get all of his baggage, cheating history, but Perris you missed one group, the one who don't care about the yankees, and don't feel that Bonds (Bighead) will ever get the fans that the Hammer (Aaron) had following him for years, he just a shadow champion to myself and always will be, until someone beaks the record again. Myself Aaron will be the only home run champion I will ever know.
if alex rodriguez stays healthy he passes bonds in home runs

Perris, that will be the day I hope to visit the Hall of Fame. Also I really enjoy the players of the yankees, just not Mr. Steinbrenner.

Well as for Bonds, if he did roids etc or not is not the point the fact there is debate on it has tainted anything he has done or will do not to mention given Baseball a black eye for lack of a better term in the process.

As long as the 3 teams I like don't get him I don't really care. Here to hoping the Diamondbacks, White Sox's and Cubs don't get him

he's not gonna be a giant, this is a fact and there's speculation that he's a yankee next year

so, those of you that support him and claim everything he's done to break his records is fine...will you still support him if he's a yankee?

those of you that don't support him but are yankee fans, will you now all of a sudden excuse what he's done to break his records?

those of you that are yankee haters but a bonds fan, how about you, if bonds is a yankee, do you still support what he did to break baseball records?

Dude, seriously, IF he has broken the rules, feel free to slam him.

If he has NOT, leave him be. It's that simple.

Who he plays for is absolutely moot here.

Junior couldn't even make it through this season...

I'm getting a little tired of people jumping all over Bonds and assuming all this stuff when nothing is proven.

I'm not really a fan either way, and I doubt he'll be a Yankee. Steinbrenner, while a jerk sometimes, cares way too much about image. That is why he has such a strict policy on facial hair, etc. I think he would want to avoid the PR problems that Bonds can bring, and they don't exactly have problems selling tickets :)

Who knows though - I'd welcome him.

Derek, you forget, Giambi plays for the Yankees. Apparently Steinbrenner doesn't care THAT much about image.

:cool:

His image was only tarnished after he joined the team :(

He wasn't kicked off the team, nor has he been sidelined after his stupid interview.

Plus, his production plummetted. Bonds STILL produces.

Very true, I have no comeback for that. But then again, Bonds was still a great player before he entered into the periods of allegation(s). Giambi at best was just average - and I think both have returned to form.

Giambi had overall numbers and averages that rose EVERY year before he joined the Yankees and post steroid scandals, he has been quite average. If not for his excellent eye-sight and solid bat-speed, he would likely not be playing in the bigs.

His swing always makes me cringe :( How is it that Griffey's is so effortless compared to all these others out there :(

Bonds during his BIG years seemed to just be the most selective batter out there. Look at the pitches he swung on. Also, understand his knee injuries have forced his power output to drop and he has played hurt a fair bit which also has dropped his overall averages for the past 2 seasons. Even so, look at the OPS, the walks totals, the IBB totals. Bonds is STILL feared and I can't imagine teams not wanting him.

The big question therefore becomes not his saleability, but rather the price of the man. Remember, even Sosa came back and as mediocre as he has been, he has played most of this season.

I doubt he'll be a Yankee because Cashman seems to have stymied daft spending, but you never know right? :D

I can't see the Yankees paying 20+ million for Bonds when they are saying they won't pay $30 million for A-rod.

Makes no sense to me.

A-rod is worth $30 mil. Bonds will be lucky to get $10, but who knows.

A-Rod is the best player in the game right now. He's not worth $30M, nobody is (my opinion).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back