SMTP Problems

polarbear_ak

OSNN Junior Addict
I am having problems with SMTP. I am hoping that someone can help me out. I am running an ASP service with the cdonts.dll file (this allows you to send e-mail via ASP in a script) This script it working fine and it does not bomb my pages. yet my SMTP server is not sending out the e-mails. I checked out C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Queue folder on my computer and the e-mails are queued up to send out, yet I am not sure as to why they are not sending out. I have installed and reinstalled SMTP a couple of time. I set this up on a previous computer and it worked just fine, but I am having problems with this one

I am running Windows 2003 Server enterprise (180 day trial edition) (IIS 6.0)
Along with SQL Server 2000 for my back end ASP code.
but I am having problems with the STMP

I get the following errors:
1.) Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.
2.) Unable to deliver this message because the follow error was encountered: "This message is a delivery status notification that cannot be delivered.".

The specific error code was 0xC00402C7.

So I though there was a problem with someones elses mail server, but I am able to send via another server located in a different part of the coutry and it works just fine, so that ruled that out. Also I made sure that this computer does have internet access and is able to access the correct mail server (it is able to get on the internet and ping the mail server that it is suppose to be sending to.) It just does not want to send. So I am confused as to what is wrong. If anyone can help I would much appreciate it
Thanks Alot

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back