Smart links

L

Lee

Are we running smart links?

I will explain what I mean. In the data base there are keywords, such as
'download, diagnostic, windows xp, email, search engine, hard drive, software, computer, acess, internet', just to name a few.

They are usually double underlined in green. They then on hover dispaly a visual link to another site where you can buy, they are sponsered links.

Hope you understand what I mean.
I spent 20 minutes editing and finding alternative words for a post I made as at the time I copied and pasted and did minor editing before posting it on front page, to my shock see loads of sponsered links.

Last thing this site need is to run free adverts for other websites.

Thanks.

yeah i saw that news post, was crappy looking :eek:

green links on words all over the place :eek:

If I know it's part of the make-up of posting to frontpage and it is correct, then no skin of my nose. I see it at 5 tech sites I visit per day.

Only recently here.

I think that it's being tested at the moment. What would you rather have, another big flashing banner, or a few hi-lighted words?

SPeedY_B said:
What would you rather have, another big flashing banner, or a few hi-lighted words?

Would have been nice to know so as not to think I have made a mistake by gaining revenue for another site rather than this one.

*whistles at my post* :)

Like I said in another thread, I am working thru Orbitz 800 at the moment and making it completely valid (code wise) will make the adjustments there and things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back