Small Trillian problem

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Finally moved back onto Trillian, but there is one problem I'm having with it. I hate the default icon, but every time I change it, it changes back eventually. How can I change it and make it stick?

For that matter, anyone got any cool Trillian icons?

You talking about your user icon ?? If so then when you change it, it should stay. If it not staying. Maybe uninstalling it and then reinstalling it will help . .

Nope, all shortcut icons. I have created new shortcuts, copied shortcuts, etc...

It depends... are you using Pro or Regular? If you use Regular, it will only use 2 icons (the happy face or the world faces). If you use Pro, you can use whatever. I think it has something to depend on the registries in regular version.

then your limited unless someone knows how to hack the registry files properly (or unless you were to find a hack for trillian). But I don't know any other way then. If I was on my computer I could help you more (unfortunatly, I have laptop access only for a few days).

You would think changing the shortcut icons would be the same as changing the shortcut icons for any program ..

Try this:

Go into preferences>Installation and Startup and uncheck everything under shortcuts. Then del the shortcuts remaining and renmake your own.

Could be that when you launch Trillian it remakes (overwrites) the shortcut all the time.

That was good idea, but if there is a short cut, it automatically checks the setting in preferences. I'm totally stumped on this one...

why not ask Cerulean Studios? If you really want to find out I can use my pro support and ask.

Would it matter what you label the shortcut? or does it seem just because it points to trillian.exe?<br>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back