small problem in Outlook Express 6.0

S

stealer

Hi All,

I have a small problem in Outlook Express 6.0.
When I try to run the spell checker I get the following message.

"An error occurred while the spelling was being checked"

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Stealer

i'd try re-installing outlook, I had that error before and you know what I realized..I won the 5th grade spelling bee and that was enough for me!

when I had that error seriously though I gave up on trying to fix it...but noticed that after I had re-installed outlook cause I messed a buncha stuff up trying to get rid of the splash screen that it was gone. it can usually be caused by a corrupt dictionary file...does your spell checking in word work?

I just checked the spell checker in MS word and it has no problems. I don't remember installing Outlook Express. Does it come with Windows XP? I am assuming so. So can I reinstall it using the XP cd rom?
Thanks
Stealer

If someone knows the name of the main spell checker file, you might be able to run sfc (system file checker) and name it.

Do that anyways, open a command window and type in 'sfc /scannow.' If something is corrupt it should pick it up for you.

Hi All,

Well I tried running 'sfc /scannow' from a command prompt and still have the same problem. I was thinking also if I could delete Outlook Express I could then install it again and see if that would work. The question is how to install it again without installing xp from scratch. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks
Stealer

you can install it again/unintally by accessing it through the add/remove program then windows components menu

hope that helps :)

I don't think it actually uninstalls. I believe it just removes visible links to it. You may need to perform a repair installation... it will replace all the system files and leave your programs intact - i'm told.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back