Small Partition??

LocKStocK

Smokin & Jokin
Just got a new 120gb Maxtor Diamondmax +9!!! :D
Only problem is when I partition it in fdisk, it finishes and says
there is only 51gb:mad:
In bios, it says its a 120gb HDD....and it is set to master....????
Wots up with that?

me 2 had this kinda problem with my hdd. I cant remember the way i fixed it :( but you could try to use pm8 instead of fdisk

i wouldnt use fdisk with a hdd over 60gb - apparantly, it doesnt always work as well with anything bigger (or is it 70gb?)

if you've got a hdd already in the pc, use the disk management facility in administrative tasks > computer management

right clicking the drive will allow you to set up partitions. when partitions are made, it will ask you if you want to format it/them and also what file system you want to use.

if you dont have a hdd already in the pc, just boot from your XP cdrom, and set it up in there - that supports the big hdds afaik

:) u replied when i was replying lol

glad u sorted the problem out :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back