Sluggish Graphics

Techno Child

web{designer}
Hey guys, I'm working on networking 5 comps for lan games and one of the systems has a problem. When I turn it on it works great but after playing gta 3 for about 30 minutes it gets slower and slower and slower... I just changed the ram from 256 to 512 so it would be somewhat better at fullscreen apps... It is also a p4 2.4 and i did not overclock it yet because the mobo doesn't support fsb changes. The only thing i could think about is heat- i only have a standard 60mm fan for the cpu and a case fan plus the ps fan and i noticed that it gets hotter and hotter in the back where the fans blow the air out. Is this possible? or is there worse things going on?

It's very possible. I think you have a lack of airflow through the system. One case fan in, and the PSU out is not good. It's a lot of dead air building up in your system. I would put a case fan on the back of the case right near the CPU pushing air out.

Is there possible long term damage done by it slowing like that? It went through about 10 30min sessions.

yes 'overheating' can cause long term damage.

could be that fan i clogged up , so it cant suck air out, do urself a favor and get a couple of 80mm fans, make sure they r sucking air into the case. if you dont have enough blowholes you can always make yer own.

also a nice position for a fan would be on the side panel jut in front of the CPU.

good luck

Elektro Slime said:
yes 'overheating' can cause long term damage.
I agree, Speedfan showed one of my drives overheating quite fast and showed it's quality was already down to 55% after less than 6 months!!! got me a hard disk fan after that :squareeye

Thanks guys, I will get 2 80mm fans for the back of the case, a 120mm for the front, a dual hd fan and ram heatsinks.. if it is still slow after this then there is something else wrong... the only problem is that i can not find 120mm light up fans :( any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back