Slowest Poster

o_87 said:
I think damnyank had the slowest machine on here...can't remember the real specs though.
Yes - I still have this system - in a box in my closet - but I have never been on the intenet with it - so it does not qualify as a "slow poster"
Apple IIe

Codename: Diana

CPU: MOS Technology/SynerTek 6502

CPU Speed: 1 MHz

FPU: none

Bus Speed: 1 MHz

Data Path: 8 bit

ROM: 16 kB

Onboard RAM: 64 kB

RAM Slots: expansion via 1st slot

Maximum RAM: 128 k, with Extended 80 Columns Card

Maximum Resolution: 40/80x24 text, 4-bit 40x48, 6 color 140x192, 4-bit 140x192, 1-bit 240x192, 1-bit 560x192

Slots: 8 proprietary

Floppy Drive: optional

Speaker(s): mono

Introduced: January 1983

Terminated: March 1985

Released in January 1983, The Apple IIe was to be one of the most successful Apple computers ever. It was based on the 6502 processor, which could run at 1.02 Mhz. It came with 64K of RAM and a 32K ROM which included BASIC, an assembly language interface, and several other hard-coded options. The Apple IIe originally sold for $1,395, and was replaced in 1985 by an updated model.

Attachments

• apple_iie_enhanced_system.jpg
    apple_iie_enhanced_system.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 80
Thanks Xsivforce - now if only I could figure out what to do with it - maybe just set it up in the living room and let people ask me what it is and then turn it on and show them the funny green monitor and not to mention the floppys (I think they were like 5 1/4") - my granddaughter (13 years old) told me they were too big for floppys!!! Maybe one day I'll dig it out and see if it still actually works - it did about a year ago! :D

Wow a 1 MHz CPU, and a whopping 64 KB of memory! I'd keep it and then auction it in a few years - make a few million ;)

I myself have an old Compaq with a 133 Mhz Pentium, 24 MB RAM, however it does not have a hard drive at the moment.

o_87 said:
Wow a 1 MHz CPU, and a whopping 64 KB of memory! I'd keep it and then auction it in a few years - make a few million ;)
Actually - the thought crossed my mind! Perhaps a trade-in for a new Apple??:cool:

I still have my first computer. 8088 Sanyo. No harddrive... 5 1/4 floppy only.
Had green screen monitor but I upgraded it to amber.

Dusty said:
I still have my first computer. 8088 Sanyo. No harddrive... 5 1/4 floppy only.
Had green screen monitor but I upgraded it to amber.
Amber was kewl also!

I think I still have the Okidata dot matrix printer I used with it somewhere in that closet also! I guess I'll really have to check it all out someday. - yea - I remember the rpinter used tractor feed and had a stand to elevate the printer so the paper could go under the stand! :cool:

I once posted on a Compaq Pentium 60, 16 MB RAM, 539 MB HD and onboard 512k video memory. The best thing about it is the keyboard, it's a 3 in one. The keyboard doesn't use a normal serial connection (ps/2,serial etc), but a strange 10 pins connection, with a square plug. Through this connection not only goes the keyboard, but also the mouse (using a ps/2 connection) at the bottom of the keyboard and the sound (using a speaker on the keyboard itself or a 3,5 mm plug for headphones)! This thing still works, and is used for the in-house administration.
I believe I posted a message on NTFS, it was a biatch though to use IE3.0 with a 800x600 256 colors resolution, damn tables didn't align properly, so the screen was all messed up.

Henyman said:
lol i grew up on green text computers, your not gona belive it but all the stock control computers @ tesco still use green screen monitors ;)

Ha! Most of the computers in our store still run Win 3.1 and Win95!!

If you want to go _really_ slow I have an old working 48k Spectrum at home :D I even used a ZX81 I seem to remember :D

A friend of mine had an Amiga when we were kids, but I still preferred my spectrum.

Got my fist 386sx when I was 12 though.. I remember getting a soundblaster as well.. The PC could Actually do Speech for the first time!

Aah, the Nostalgia, its a shame because all the hyperkids today probably would experience technology changing quite like it did at the beginning of the home computer movement :D

I wonder if you could make a Spectrum or Atari or Amiga internet compatible.. then it would probably be the slowest internet able system :D

PS2-m50z.JPG

Model: 8555-031
Price: $3895
Processor: 80386SX
Bus Speed: 16MHz
RAM: 16MB
HDD Space: 30MB
Floppy: 1.44MB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back