slowdown in the forums

punkandacoke

eat me
is it me or have many of the ppl of the great ntfs forum slowed down on their posting. maybe because of school or maybe because of work, but every summer the posts just pile up and there's always something interesting going on. i hate school. i cant post as much and as many of us, i also work now. so, i guess i could use this quote in this situation.

"aint life a b****"

feel free to reply and vent and rant and flame. i want something interesting.
:D

There have been up and down periods in forum activity. When I first joined XP-erience (the original name for NTFS, in case you didn't know), I could refresh the new topics page every minute, and there would be new posts waiting to be answered.
Then there was a period of time during which there was barely any activity, and it was quite disheartening.
But I do think it's gone up considerably since that time, although NTFS is not nearly as active as it used to be during the XP-erience days. There are still a whole bunch of new threads, and a lot of active members though, and that's always nice to see.
:)

Originally posted by punkandacoke
feel free to reply and vent and rant and flame. i want something interesting.

Flaming?? no I dont think so... opinions and questions sure... flames no.

I've noticed the forums fluctuate a lot. Up one week, down another. But that's the way everything is in life, not just forums.

And I actually post more at work, but not everyone has a cake job ;)

Post count goes up and down - XP is getting "older" and it's users are getting more "experienced" - so perhaps not as many questions and more correct and complete answers the first time!

people might be using the search function more too. at least i am.

Originally posted by damnyank
Post count goes up and down - XP is getting "older" and it's users are getting more "experienced" - so perhaps not as many questions and more correct and complete answers the first time!
Agreed DY :)
As too is XP-erience.org a.k.a. NTFS.org and it's users.

Originally posted by NetRyder
There have been up and down periods in forum activity. When I first joined XP-erience (the original name for NTFS, in case you didn't know), I could refresh the new topics page every minute, and there would be new posts waiting to be answered.
Then there was a period of time during which there was barely any activity, and it was quite disheartening.
But I do think it's gone up considerably since that time, although NTFS is not nearly as active as it used to be during the XP-erience days. There are still a whole bunch of new threads, and a lot of active members though, and that's always nice to see.

well said:cool:

i remember those days............

This isn't directly related to the topic actually, but..

NTFS forum is quite slow to scroll up and down (I've tried IE and Opera) compared to other forums using vBulletin. Could it be because of the amount of graphics?

It's the background image, try using the Ekko theme instead.

Originally posted by NetRyder

agreed...

wait till longhorn comes out and ntfs.com aka xperience.com becomes longhorn.com :D (that would be interesting)

we'll have a flurry of activity again...

yay for xp-longhorntfs.org.net.com.uk :)
Just for reference
longhorn.co.uk Taken
longhorn.org.uk Taken
longhorn.me.uk Available
longhorn.com Taken
longhorn.org Taken
longhorn.net Taken
longhorn.info Taken
longhorn.biz Taken
longhorn.tv Taken
longhorn.ltd.uk Available
longhorn.plc.uk Available

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back