slow wireless lan

mooo

thecyberninja
I am trying to transfer my xmas video to my main box and i am having some problems. My computer is wired to the router and the laptop is wireless. I am trying to figure out why i am only sending at 90k max. I tried to connect in and both were maxxed out at it. the router is a 54g and the laptop card is an 11b ( would behappy with only 1000ks) i have a belkin router and trying to think of what could cause this. i thought ftp would be better and that still didn't help.

Thanks in advance,
mooo

The only thing that comes to mind is signal interference. You should be getting close to 900k. Put the laptop right next to the router, make sure there are no portable phones, motors, etc running. Try changing frequencies on the router too.

One other thought. If the Router keeps trying to run at G speeds you could be wasting throughput re-negotiating. Try forcing the router to run at B speed.

i am right next to the router. I will try to change it.

i can't find my other cat5 cable that isn't crossover :(

do this then:

use the crossover, but on the router use the uplink port. It will convert the crossover to a straigt through. Ive done this before and it works.

also do you have the option of running mixed signal on the router? can do this on my linksys wrt54g.

I think I have run into somthing like this before. Some times, whenpeople set up wireless connections, they decide to put a virtual bridgein there. Probely because that is the only way they can make it workbecause they dont have all the right protocols installled. So if youcant get it to work still, check your network connection informationand see if you have a bridge in there. If you do delete the connection,then make a new connection and make sure all protocols your using onyour desktop are installed on your laptop.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back