Slow to react....

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
Hi everyone ! I have a little problem ....when i am typing the letters don't appear on my screen for a few seconds....there is a delay . When i press the space bar , the line thingy takes a feww seconds to create the space ...before it was insantaneous . Is there something wrong or is this just a niggle ? .....:mad:

Hmm Sorry bout the slowness of the answer, but everyone seems to leave u out, I assume u are using win xp as u are posting on these forums

I have had same problem in the past.

ok it is one of a few things that could be causing this,

1. Bad Drivers

2. Low memory

3. Some Dramtic System Change

make sure you have most up to date drivers.

I would then do a system restore to a point before you began having this problem.

And if not that then memory is answer.

Adam :D

Hi Adam...Thanks for your reply and advice. I am indeed using W.XP Home Edition. I have an E-Machines 900 MHz ,128 MB RAM ,20 Gig hard .
It must be a memory problem then from what you have said . Recently i have installed a lot of programmes..for example PSP 7.0 , Word and a few others. My son also has Flight Sim 2000 installed and that seems to slow things down all day after he has used it. I think i might add some memory ....that should help ?
Thanks again !...Marge:D

Gee - I guess it's possible it could be memory related, but I doubt it. Try downloading and reinstalling the latest drivers for your keyboard before spending money on memory (not that more ram is ever a bad idea ;) )

Also, if you are using a usb connection for the keyboard (and you shouldn't be), try connecting it via PS2).

Memory Problem

If you are using WinXP you should really have at least 256 megs of RAM , ideally 512megs (seems to be the "sweet" amount for XP), although many people including myself have much more than 512.

Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Home Edition
PC with 300 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233-MHz minimum required;* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)
1.5 gigabyte (GB) of available hard disk space.*
Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor
CD-ROM or DVD drive
Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

The above are the Microsoft requirements, they are always very conservative as to not to exclude wood be consumers.
So if you are able to afford it I would get at least 256 megs of RAM

Right - sorry, I didn't even notice you only have 128 meg. Sage is absolutely correct.

Ok Marge, get out the old Motherboard manual check out wot ram u are using, this can vary, I'm not sure of how much knoledge you have (I don't have much Lol :p I'm only 15)

Now this varys from mobo to mobo, I would at a guess almost guarentee that it is SD-RAM because that is quite a small processor,

Now Flight Sim is a big program uses up a lot of space & very ram consuming.

Make sure your keyboard is not usb as they sed and if it is you can purchase a little converter for a few quid from your local PC World along with your ram.

Hope this helps you out,

Adam:D

also try shutting down so for the background programs

frees up mem.

when that happened to me, i would restart. i usually do that once a month.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back