slow, slow and slow

Z

zagreb

I've finally upgraded to Windows XP Pro from Win 98. (clean install)
I quite like it - My PC doesn’t crash anymore.
However, I've been having major problems, such as:

Browsing/Downloading Speed
Since I'm still on 56K dialup, I usually connect to 49 200bps without any problems. On Windows XP Pro, I connect at the same speed, but browsing and downloading is so slow.
For example, when I go to www.yahoo.com on Win 98, the site literally pops up in less than 3 seconds. On Windows XP Pro, it took about 3 minutes and 30 seconds. (Yes - I used my timer... lol) I did try much things, but nothing helps so far.
Please help! It's rather urgent.

Msi 6330 Mobo
Athlon T-bird 1 Ghz
Win xp pro
Herc. Prophet III Ti 200
Det. 21.83
Via 4in1 4.37 v(a)
256 MB of RAM
U.S. Robotics 56 Message Mode (new drivers)

Besides this I have problem with slut down (around 30 sec)

If I solve this two problems, I will be happy...so please make an old man happy :)
Everithing else is very good...I like my my win xp pro.
Btw I did try much things, but nothing helps so far...

Evo imam ja jedan prijedlog za browsanje.

Mozda malo pomogne:

Open up the Registry and go to :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace

Under that branch, select the key :

{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}

and delete it.

This is key that instructs Windows to search for Scheduled Tasks. If you like you may want to export the exact branch so that you can restore the key if necessary.

This fix is so effective that it doesn't require a reboot and you can almost immediately determine yourself how much it speeds up your browsing processes.

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately that fix will not do anything for your modem/internet browsing. It's still a good fix to run if you have a LAN as well though.

Is your modem on the HCL? Are the drivers up to date? Does the manufacturer have newer drivers than MS does? (Be sure you know how to roll-back a driver before you update so you can get back online if something goes wrong...because if it does, you won't have any way to get back here for help =)
/Lactic

Puno hvala na odgovoru...na zalost, ovo sam vec probao i ne pomaze...kao i mnogo drugih stvari...:confused:

Lactic.Acid thank you for your questions, but what I realy need is ansvers

just try using the old driver from 98, i was having the same problems, and i just now tried that, and it is working great. i tried an nt driver for mine too. i have a lucent winmode

teddy bear, thank you very much (and all you the rest guys)...but you realy help...here is what I have don...I did change ports (from com1 to com2), and install old drivers (win 98) for my modem...and now roks...fly...no problem any more...I post same problem on ...many forums...but only here I find solution....sorry for my english but I am sure you will understand...once again, thank you :)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back