Slow scroll

S

sadsonic

Hi,
I have just repaired winXP by doing a full install on top of the old, keeping user settings etc.

Now, when I scroll in explorer or Iexplorer it goes pretty slow, and it seems like it uses an awfull lot of resurces, because when playning music it stops...

What can be wrong ??? This is really annoying .. plz. help

sadsonic

Try disabling use smooth scrolling under Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Use Smooth Scrolling (if checked, uncheck).

Hope this is problem...:)

sorry, that dosen't work ... but I dont think it's scrolling thats the problem .. when I play a video clip it runs like on a p1 80mhz or something, and this is a 1.4, so there should be no problem.. strange ..

What is your screen resolution?
Update your video card drivers.

I have nVidia Geforce 2, but it worked before. Though, I have installed a new driver with no luck. But it seems like I have a problem with my card. Because I can't see any information about the card, when I use advanced in the settings for the screen.

Also I installed winXP with a low-grafic screen adapter..to avoid the complication between nVidia and winXP. Is this a problem ??

i had the same problem

Hi there

i had the same problem with my xp1700, geforce 3 ti500 and soundblaster live.
I had updated from Win98 to XPro and it was fine. I then updated my drivers for my sound card and then when i scrolled on explorer or IExplorer, the sound would jerk and slow down.
I then put the older drivers back on and they were fine.

I have got a new sound card and upon installing the new drivers now for my Sound Blaster Augoligy (what ever it is!) and it seems to have cured it.

I still have a few problems with it though. When i play long songs, every 3-4 mins my mp3 would skip about 4 seconds ahead! Im using the latest version of winamp (if not the one before).

Seems odd. :confused:

Kezzas

thx. But I can't even see my Geforce card, only as unknown multimedia card and multimedia screen card. (there are two unknown compenents).

Other strange things has happened, I cant use standby or hibernation, and I can't update windows.

This is a real headscrather, I think this has come to a point, that calls for a clean installation.

Sadsonic:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back