Slow Perfomance

I

Ice-Freezer

I have amd athlon xp 1800+ 1539 mhz and gforce 2 mx pci 32 mb sdram, 512 sdram pci 133 when i run games they are really slow, and i run them on 800 x 600 16 100 hertz my cpu temp on load is 41, while my friend whos got intel celeron 700 / 100 fsb and gforce 2 mx 400 agp 32 mb sdram runs all games much faster and he runs them on 1280 1024 32 bits 75 hertz..

:(
whats the deal with this
is it video card?

This is not gonna help you, and it's just my opinion. But i think these cards are really bad. I have the same card and i can't play games at all. I've tried allmost every driver i could find (old, new and even leaked ones), it doesn't matter, they just don't work on my system. I gave up, i'm $aving now for a new card. So, in my point of view, you're a lucky person. At least you cán play games.

I would look into a: Video card, DDR Motherboard, and DDR Ram upgrade.

Your video card is way out dated so the modern games use very high technology for a GeForce 2 MX to be gaming.

Your XP performance is crippled by a SDR Mobo + SDR Ram combo.

Thnx guys for your help, but i'm lucky enough my motherboard has 2 more memory slots which are ddr. i'm gonna buy 2x 512 ddr memory and maybe gforce3 agp :)

I posted a similar question to this myself and found out that my P4 + SDRAM=poor performance. I am trying to raise some funds to buy a DDR mobo + Ram. I also have a Geforce 2 MX400 64MB and I have no problems running games so I am suprised to see some of the comments about the card on here.

It's only about the Geforce 2MX 32MB, not the 400 64MB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back